It’s been more than a week since I’ve updated, I know. And I wish I could say I’ve been doing things like, oh, I don’t know, exciting things. Like going to the city or a road trip or home or even outside. Except I haven’t been doing any of those things. Well, I have gone outside. I think the first time was Tuesday afternoon sometime, in all honesty.
Which, in turn, means no pictures to show you. However! Because I wanted to post something and I was getting worried that my blog was going to start having cobwebs on it or something equally scary. Which is what the next picture is.
Instead of taking pictures, I have been (from top left):
– receiving and writing letters
– catching on my reading, right now it’s The Beautiful & Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald, previously it was A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
– writing, just little fics and stories, nothing special
– the iPod represents all the Cabin Pressure I’ve been listening to. On repeat. Repeating the repeat. Episode 1 Part 1 is here.
– yes, that’s a Babar calendar. Which is awesome. What’s even more so is the fact that I got it for 75% off. I’ve been updating all the assignments and internship things I need to keep in line for the next month.
– all the magazines I’ve been catching up on. Between the football, the fashion and the photography magazines, there’s a great stack I get to go through because the rest of the time I’m in school.
Then there’s the shoes. Ah, shoes. Not the ones you’d really wear with all the outfits, but the ones you wear to pound the pavement. Which I have been doing. Because even though I have not been taking pictures, I started running. Every day this week. Like, wake up, roll out of bed, put on running clothes and out the door sort of running. No, it’s not pretty, no I’m actually not a smoker though my lungs keep exploding like over blown balloons, but yes my legs ache and yes, I do feel really, really good. We’ll see how it goes next week when I’m actually in school and not getting up at noon, but instead, well, earlier. I’m crossing my fingers though!
Things I’m Loving:
+ Well, previously mentioned: Cabin Pressure – If you like radio shows or comedy or Benedict Cumberbatch, or if you like comedic radio shows starring Benedict Cumberbatch, listen. Because it’s fabulous.
+ Among the Asexuals – “In a society obsessed with sex, it’s hard if you have no sexual desire at all. Some are searching for a new form of intimacy.” Quite a thought provoking article on a topic not too many people have spent a lot of thought on.
+ The Beautiful Gear – Because the beautiful game (aka: soccer/football/whatever you call it) has beautiful gear. Which I keep resisting, or attempting to resist. This site makes it so-oo-oo much more difficult.
+ 50 of the World’s Best Breakfasts – Breakfast is the best part of the morning, let’s be honest. Nobody actually really likes being up that early, unless there’s breakfast. Yes, I would get up for (most of) those breakfasts. Egypt’s, Sweden’s, England’s, France’s, Turkey’s, Germany’s, you know, to name a few.