When I bought my National Geographic a month ago, it came with this huge double sided map of the world that I had no idea what to do with. Fast forward to a few nights ago as I was getting some organizing done and realized that I had a map plus some plain covered notebooks I had picked up recently. Not wanting to throw out the map, I figured I might as well use it to decorate the covers of those notebooks I just happened to have. So, that’s what I did. (Which really shouldn’t come as a surprise, considering how much we all know I love maps.) Continue reading
Almost two months ago (I honestly can’t believe it was that long ago!), I took the Bernabéu stadium tour and then shared all of my Real Madrid feels. Last Sunday, while out exploring Madrid, my friend Melissa sent me a text asking if I was interested in attending the Copa del Rey match. Tickets were cheap and she knew I hadn’t yet been to a match. Naturally I jumped at the chance to finally, finally watch the club that helped me fall head over heels for football and she purchased the tickets. Continue reading
I wasn’t one of those kids who was skating before she could walk. I’m not even really sure how old I was before my parents strapped my feet into a pair of skates. I am a winter baby though, so I’m sure it was sooner rather than later. What I do remember, though, is that I loved it. I have memories of my family at Bud Miller, me in a burgundy snowsuit, hot pink helmet (how times have changed), little white figure skates and my dad giving me a head start before catching up, scooping me up as he skated the two of us to the edge of the lake. Continue reading
1. Map Inspired Gift DIYs – We all know how I feel about maps and these would be so neat to make/give/receive.
2. DIY Explorer Activity Kit – I’m absolutely in love with this one. I have a brother or two who would have a ball receiving this for Christmas.
3. DIY Leather Pencil Case – This is such a great idea for carrying around pencils/crayons/etc. For your artistic friends.
4. Warm Herb and Jam Goat Cheese Spread – Never underestimate the gift of good food.
Things I’m Loving:
+ This looks like a fun idea – Capturing Christmas memories
+ New trailers! – (We have Community and Sherlock coming soon!)
+ Peppermint Eggnog Milkshake – (Doesn’t that just sound perfect?)
+ More great gift ideas for readers – (I feel like I’m hinting now.)
I’m not a big DIY-er when it comes to the every day things. Sure, I do a project here or there, but it’s not something I seek out. Christmas, however, tends to bring that out a bit more in me. My family’s pretty great about doing things together, especially this time of the year, whether it’s baking in the kitchen or else making Christmas ornaments or special tags for Christmas presents. Going the extra mile to add a little bit of something special.
1. Toilet Paper Roll Santas – These would be so much fun to either hang on the tree or else attach to Christmas gifts.
2. Christmas Card Wreath – A neat idea for all those Christmas cards you’ll be getting this season, without having them spread everywhere.
3. 20 Christmas Treats – ‘Tis the season.
4. Almond Bird Ornaments – Almost as fun as the walnut mice we have for our tree!